Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ode to my Friends

Okay so it is the fall season again, which is my favorite time of year besides spring, and we attended a really fun party at the Taylor's home and we have decorated. I am so grateful to have amazing friends in my ward! I finally feel that I can be myself which at times might be a little much for some people but nonetheless I am grateful for what the Lord has given me and for the lasting friendships I have made throughout my adult life. I have realized the older I get the harder it is to break into my circle of protection but I will say that this ward has made it easier for me to let my guard down. For years I had a HUGE wall fortified with bricks and mortar no one could break through. I have been a product of unending love by people I would have never associated with in the past and I am thankful for the compassion and teaching experiences I have learned by allowing the Lord to mold me and refine me with relationships in my life. I know there are people who will not like me and I am totally okay with that, as long as they don't try and call me out in front of people then it's on and they will pay! I have such quality friends that it doesn't matter If someone doesn't like me or not because I don't need that kind of negativity in my life anyway! So thanks to all my Kick butt friends out there...I love you all!

2 comments:

Allison Juarez said...

I love you too leslie!

Audrey Taylor said...

Kick Butt friends, huh? I'm in karate so I qualify for that :) I think it is a huge blessing to be able to be yourself around people. You know what I also love is that our friends inspire us to be better ourselves. I can't say that it doesn't hurt when someone doesn't like me. You are more confident. Well, we had fun at the party and YOU are one of the reasons it was so much fun!!! I think you should have your own fortune telling blog! Haha!