5 years ago
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Anxiety and reality kinda sucks!!
Does any one else wish they were "normal". What is normal? I have been suffering from an anxiety attack since last night after seeing Twilight, now I LOVE these books and the movie was great...the bad thing though is they trigger anxiety in me, and it really frustrates me because I like Stephenie Meyer as a writer and the fact that she is Mormon makes it equally sweet. The idea that these characters are rich have no responsibility but to themselves and there coven (that's Vampire for Family). They have this deep seeded passion and intensity about them. They are mysterious and dangerous yet love so intensely it makes you want to jump in the books and become part of there coven. Now I know what your thinking, there just books, but as a writer myself That's the authors job...to suck you in. Stephenie Meyer is the best at doing that. She makes this fantasy land so real and compelling it makes your own life seem so mundane. I am blogging about this praying that talking about it will make my anxiety go away. For me it's an alternate reality that I cannot visit very often because when I get sucked in I feel like my life is so boring I can' stand it. People may think I m crazy but I have realized that things trigger anxiety different in people, this just so happens to be my trigger. I could stay away from the movies and books but while I am in the moment with them I feel extremely happy it's after that is when it strikes. It's like being on a drug and feeling intense elation and then coming down and feeling like your in the depths of hell. Now I have never done drugs but it has been described to me and that's how I feel right now...again I ask can I just be normal cause this sucks major!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
No Lesli your normal! Excitement is always an attraction. As a Mom we just have different excitements and joys! Every now and again we need to be swept off our feet and flown into the tall trees away from reality! The movie was awesome! The Cullen's all fit their part well. Make life exciting!
Leslie I feel the same way! It's hard to feel happy with your life when your reading or seeing somebody elses ( even if they are imaginary) that is better. Oddly enough I read just for that reason, so that I can experience the more exciting things in life. But please remember all those people in Twilight are very self involved, can you see them planning Enrichment month after month? I can't, they seem like fun, but I would rather have you to hang out with. Even if you are boring(not that you are but you seem to percive you life that way at times) and yes normal. Also you wouldn't want to drink my blood. :o) So I guess I'm saying that if you're not normal then both of us are a little nuts and when I look around I like the company I keep ;) Love ya!!!
There goes that dang addiction thing you've got going on! I had a hard time on Sunday with my kids and when I went to our family dinner that night someone said something to me and I couldn't take anymore. I left. I came home crying to Ben and he had interesting insight. He said, "That's what I've been dealing with in my appointments all day; peoples perception of reality."
My sister-in-law asked me why I chose not to read the Twilight books. I couldn't say why, but from what you've been feeling since seeing the movie and based on what you wrote on your post, the characters level of responsibility and their exciting lives is not realistic nor comparable to a covenant daughter of God's life and it wouldn't bring the eternal blessings that yours will.
WOW!!! I can't believe how grown your kids are and I don't even know the young ones. Its been a long time! Glad you dropped a note to say HI! Miss ya.
Post a Comment