5 years ago
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
coming to the end
Well We are towards the end. Dad only has hours or days left. I can't believe it has gone so fast. I realized I can't be angry at him for anything because he is in pain and suffering immensly. He looks like a skeleton. I can't beleive what cancer does to people. My brother Nick is having a really hard time, he hasn't accepted the inevitable like the rest of us have. I have been trying to plan the funeral and have realized how real this really is. I have felt numb for so long and when I wake up in the morning I am greatful for another day with my dad. He has done some funny things that keep us laughing and keep things light hearted. I keep thinking I am holding together great and then I wake up feeling anxious and trying to not loose it and be strong for him and my siblings. Rod's afraid because I am not greiving at this point that I will crash when my dad is gone and the funeral is over and life goes on. I must admit I am a little scared as well because I feel numb and I know eventually the realtiy will catch up with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Rod could take some time off of work and support you when it's all over. Us mother's have a tendency to be strong in the storm and then our emotions catch up with us and we need someone to take care of us. That's just the way it works. Rod's right.
The more funeral planning you get done now, the easier it will be. I've done it, call me if you have a question or need help with the kids.
Post a Comment