Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Being Prepared

So I have had a lot of time to read lately since I have a terrible chest cold and my voice sounds like a man. I have been catching up on my Ensign reading. It has been interesting to see that over the last year we have been warned repeatidly to prepare and become self reliant. Usually I am very in tune to what I need to do for my family and I have noticed over the last year I have been complacent in my life. My 72 hour kits are lacking food and my food storage I need to replenish. In the past I have always tried to listen for the counsel and now when it has been brought up a lot in the past year I have not been paying attention like I should have been doing all along. The earthquake in Haiti is a perfect example. I keep thinking well if we had an earthquake here in Vegas I would just drive to the cabin. What if the roads are completely damaged and we can't get out. I have been thinking about that a lot lately. Would I have enough supplies to get me and my family through at least two weeks. I don't say 72 hours because we have learned from Katrina and now Haiti that it takes soooo much longer than 72 hours for aid to get to people. Could you live for two weeks or more without power and gas? Let's remind our ward families to prepare.

No comments: