Tuesday, December 8, 2009

2009.....What a Year!

Well here we are...2009...wow! how time flies! I could sit here and talk about all the things I didn't do like have the missionaries over enough, go to the temple enough, calmly talk to my kids enough, but I am NOT going to focus on those things because this year was the toughest on record and I want to highlight the positive things that happened this year! I learned to help family, even when I didn't want to get sucked back in, I bonded with my nieces and nephews more than I probably would have. I learned that when you are in the fight of your life in certain areas people come out of the wood works to help and lift you up. I have been more grateful this year than at any other time in my life. I have been humbled to my knees. My middle child started Kinder and I was left at home with the twins, which has been a blast. My best friend and I have grown closer over this year more than previous years. My husband and I had a great 11 year anniversary, He surprised me with a great night, which never happens! I had a MAJOR breakthrough this summer and was so joyful and blissful for a month straight I thought I would burst. I had been struggling with writing for awhile and then BAM! breakthrough, It was Epic! I have been on a roll ever since. I got to enjoy the wonderfulness of Stephenie Meyers fabulous Twilight saga. This summer I spent my days with The Immortal Instruments trilogy written by Cassandra Clare, her and Stephenie are genius. I am still enjoying The House of Night series, thank you P.C. and Kristin Cast! I found a great friend I can talk to about my Vampire obsession! haha. I was called to be the secretary in the young women, not an easy transition from Relief Society Presidency but a learning one for sure. I had a small stint in cub scouts and had a blast but don't wish that calling on anyone...dang boys! LOL I joined weight watchers and lost 10 pounds so far, it's slow going but I am excited to have that goal in my life. My cousin Eric and I discovered texting to communicate everyday, why it took us this long to figure that out we will never know! I only see him like every 2 years, he lives in Utah. I learned that it's okay to ask for help...still working on being comfortable with that one. I found long lost friends I have often wondered about after high school, thanks face book. amongst the MANY trials we had this year I must say I had an amazing breakthrough and life lessons and for that I am eternally grateful!

1 comment:

Audrey Taylor said...

Wow, I feel so uplifted after reading your very real and positive experiences from this year. Man, I'm so glad to know you and hope that we will have a great year in 2010. It will be great I can feel it!!! Thanks Les!