5 years ago
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Something I learned
I just wanted to write something positive since everything I have written lately has been negative. I was reading the Ensign last night and came across something interesting, now call me dense but I didn't realize how in order great men had led certain dispensations. Since there have been seven and we are in the seventh I thought I would share the great men who have led in the other six. First Adam and let's not forget Eve as well, the fall was not a disaster but deliberate for the lords plan of salvation. Without tasting the bitter, we would never understand the sweet. We required mortality's discipline and refinement for the next step of our development to become more like our father. Next was Enoch, who "walked with God" he obtained the city of Zion which is a powerful symbol of righteousness that can be obtained on earth and in heaven. Next was Noah who lived in a time of great wickedness he cried people to repentance and they didn't listen so when the flood came only Nephi and his family were saved, both Enoch and Noah teach us lessons about choosing good over evil. Next came Abraham. The lord made covenants with Abraham as with us the Lord has made promises with us if we commit ourselves to obey. Moses was next and one of the mightiest man who ever lived. He walked and talked with God He was chosen to deliver Israel from the bondage of Egypt Like Moses we can become effective leaders. The dispensation of Moses teaches us to prepare us to follow prophetic leadership and to develop ourselves into more effective tools in building the kingdom of God. Next, the greatest dispensation, is the meridian of time, when the Savior came to earth. He died so that we may live. Lastly is Joseph Smith who ushered in the dispensation of the fullness of times. Our generation also has the benefits of all the previous dispensations. You are children of Promise. I hope that you do not plan to be just common but that you plan to excel....derived from the February issue 2009. We are in the seventh dispensation! Amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I love it when I learn something new about the gospel, don't you?
Post a Comment