Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Blessings

I had an interesting experience this weekend that forever continues to help my faith grow. I was writing out bills and had just payed our tithing and I thought man I really hope Rod get's his overtime this weekend because we could really use it to pay up some more bills. Well about 30 minutes after I had payed our bills my husband called and said overtime was ready and that I could go and get it. So I traveled to Henderson and while I was on the freeway the thought came to my mind that all the bills are payed up so I should use the overtime to get my two front tires fixed. You see my car has been shaking REALLY bad lately and it was hard to drive on the freeway and anywhere for that matter I kept getting the thought ,fix the tires, for the last couple of weeks but for the last few days it was really strong. I new it would cost somewhere around 400.00 dollars because a year earlier I got two new back tires and just didn't have the money to do the fronts. Well I got the overtime and it was more than enough so I decided I would take it in on sat. (It was Friday) But the prompting told me, No take the car in today, so I listened and went to Discount Tire because that's where I got the other tires. Well it ended up being 50 dollars more than I expected but It was okay because I had the money and also the guy told me that my front tire was separated!!!! WHAT!!! I was driving on the freeway not 10 minutes earlier. He told me it's a good thing I brought it in because I would have had a blow out on the front tire. The scary thing is I almost went to Overton with Rod the week before but because I didn't go he took my roommates truck! I am so grateful to a Heavenly Father who is constantly aware of our situations and I am thankful that I was in tune with the spirit enough to take heed of his promptings so that my family and I would be safe!!

1 comment:

Audrey Taylor said...

Whoa! Shivers! I really think that there are some times when we receive promptings to help our character develop further to become more Christlike, and then there are times we get the urgent promptings that concern SOMEBODYS safety. This was one of those. The voice came loud and clear and repeatedly. Good job Les!