Monday, November 3, 2008

Dakota's Baptism


Dakota got baptised on Saturday. I can't believe I have two kids who have been baptised already...they grow up so fast. What an amazing experience for him he was so filled with the spirit when we came home. He said to his dad and I " Being baptised has opened up my mind to everything I didn't know about Jesus Christ I can't believe it!" (It had only been an hour) He wanted to read scriptures with me that night then asked Taylor and then his dad, until we were all reading them together. Then when it was time for bed him and Taylor got a flashlight and stayed up in bed reading together. Oh how I wish this would last...I will try and nourish it as much as possible because I want him to love the scriptures and turn to them when he is struggling. He is so excited to have the Holy Ghost and has informed me the Holy Ghost is like a fortune teller. I said sort of and explained exactly how the Holy Ghost works. I am so grateful to be raising my kids in the gospel.



3 comments:

Audrey Taylor said...

Man oh man, I want a man-meal! Your guys is really growing up nicely. Elijah has pushed Rachel down three times today allready. I can't wait for my kids to get older and hopefully get along.
Congrats good mom!

McDonald Crew said...

Lesli thanks for giving me your blog address. Your family is so dang cute! Congratulaions on Dakota's Baptism. They do grow up fast. I already feel old! Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Just thinking that all our kids are growing up so quick these last 5 years have sped by.... In 11 years your boy will be ready for a mission and mine will follow a year later. I am NOT ready for that, but I'm afraid it's gonna be here before I know it.