5 years ago
Friday, October 24, 2008
Cramps bring thoughts of thankfulness!
So I am sitting here trying to ward off the worst cramps of my life, it feels like I am sixteen again and I started thinking of my kids and how grown up they have become. Taylor is so smart and so confident I rarley have to remind her of how cute she is or looks. I have worked very hard to instill self love in her because I did not want her growing up in a state of depression and self loathing like I did (which by the way I was cute and skinny what did I have to worry about...ahhh teenagers!) Dakota on the other hand has taught me that he is to old to say I love you and to hold my hand......anywhere. So last week he get's out of the car for school and i say i love you and he doesn't say anything back so i say it again and he starts doing a little whine...i don't want to say it...so being the understanding mother i am i said...are you to old to say i love you to your mother, that makes me sad. So when him and Taylor get up to the door of the school i roll the window down and yell I LOVE YOU DAKOTA! Needless to say he now get's out of the car in the morning and responds to my i love you's. I know, I know I broke the cardnal rule of parenting I embarrassed my kid but to my deffense it was worth it to here I love you from my little man! I tried to hold his hand the other day and again...mom your embarrissing me mode came out, this time I let it go because after all he has a rep to protect! :) Kennedie is just as bossy and wonderful as ever...it's nice one kid takes after me:) I love having her and the twins home. All that changes next year Keni goes to kindergarten and I m already sad I will not have her around all day anymore. Although it may be less drama with the twins because she likes to boss them around and they do not like that. The twins are talking and as funny as ever. I love being a mother it is the greatest gift of all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
You have the cutest family! I love hearing about Dakota. I'm glad you yelled I LOVE YOU to him!
Post a Comment